December 2018

A Redding Employees’ Association Board Meeting was held on Tuesday, December 11, 2018 in the Executive Conference Room at City Hall. President Chris Glover opened the meeting at 12:11PM.

Roll Call

Board Members present were: President Chris Glover, Treasurer Sonja McKinney, Secretary Mieke Sheffield
Directors at Large: Jenny Hui, Ana Gilliland, and Margaret Yarnell
Member(s): Brittanie Brecheen, Michelle Kempley, Natasha Rose, and Elizabeth Witts.

Approval of Minutes

Jenny H. made a motion to approve the minutes of the November meeting as submitted by Mieke S. and published in the November Grapevine. Margaret Y. seconded the motion.
The Vote: Unanimous YES

Approval of Treasury Report

Mieke S. made a motion to approve the November Treasurer’s Report. Margaret Y. seconded the motion.
The Vote: Unanimous YES

Old Business

  • Christmas Party – Hoedown (Recap): Successful event. Location, food, DJ all were good. Unfortunate technical difficulties with the karaoke machine. 103 attendees/tickets sold (55 REA members). Total cost to REA was $4,495.52…$1,504.48 under the originally proposed budget.
  • Kids’ Christmas Party (Recap): Event more successful than originally anticipated – which is a good thing! 271 attendees: 148 kids and 123 adults. 16 people were a no-show. RareAir employees extremely helpful. Received a lot of positive feedback; however, the unexpected response put the event over budget. Total cost to REA was $2,954.14. Ana G. made a motion to approve the amount over budget of $1,454.15. Margaret Y. seconded the motion.
  • Spring Event: No update at this time.
  • Wine & Paint Event: Mieke S. will look into the Community Room as a potential venue (if consumption of alcohol is allowed). Also will start looking for a paint instructor. Please email recommendations to msheffield@cityofredding.org.
  • Annual Business Meeting: The following persons were elected to REA Board positions:
    • President: 2-year term and Chris Glover will continue in this position
    • Vice-president: Ana Gilliland
    • Treasurer: Sonja McKinney – Elizabeth Witts is understudy
    • Secretary: Mieke Sheffield
    • Directors at Large: Jenny Hui, Margaret Yarnell, Natasha Rose

New Business

  • Records: Michelle K. is looking for someone to take over record keeping of the REA retired members and the Grapevine ads.
  • Membership: General discussion that event coordinators will confirm persons purchasing tickets are indeed REA members. Jenny H. proposed having event coordinators and family attend the planned event free of charge. In addition, Brittanie B. will research the option to purchase tickets for events using PayPal.

Adjournment

The meeting was adjourned by President Chris Glover at 12:59PM The next meeting will be held at noon on Tuesday, December 11, 2018 in the Executive Conference Room on the third floor at City Hall.